Friday, December 4, 2020

The Corbina Diaries

 Fly Fishing is a place where obsession, the thrill of trying to fool a finicky animal and, hell, science and wisdom all collide. Very few things offer a better crossroad that the game of hunting Corbina in the summer on So Cal beaches - with a fly. I have played the game many many times and have had all sorts of humorous, disappointing as well as victorious moments. It’s simply fantastic. Gathering all sorts of wisdom from his own years spent pursuing this fish as well as the wisdom of others, Al Q has published a book that simply kicks ass. I can say with confidence that I would love the book almost as much even if I was in another country where Corbina do not even exist. Maybe the same way I love reading about people fishing, say, for Searun Cutthroats or Taimen. This is simply a great and fun fishing book. Just when you thought you’d read it all and had enough vicarious fishing thrills to last you a lifetime … you might want to squeeze this puppy onto your bookshelf! Order here: https://bit.ly/thecorbinadiaries


 

Note: These fish are both common and mythological. I wish to say that YES, I have caught one before! Here's a hog from a few years ago: https://alquattrocchi.com/2015/07/15/perseverance-pays/

No comments: